If you want your business to continue to grow, one of the most important things you can be doing is to start improving your search to attract new sales talent for your team.
But, are you taking the right steps to find the talent that your business needs? And are you doing it efficiently and ensuring you’re doing the right things to attract the right candidates?
Why Having a Great Sales Team Is Important
Let’s start with the obvious. It’s important to remember why having an exceptional sales team is so important in the first place. Some points include:
- They’re your best resource. Your sales team are the ones who help you understand the current state of your industry. As well, they’re the ones directly speaking to your clients, and can give you resourceful insights.
- They help your business grow. Of course, this is another huge asset of having an amazing sales team. The better your team, the more clients and qualified leads you can get for your business.
- They interact directly with customers. Your sales people make all the difference in customer interactions. A friendly and engaged sales person can turn first-time customers into loyal supporters of your business.
5 Ways to Improve Your Search for Sales Talent
It’s clear sales people play an important role in your business. No one’s arguing that. But what can you do to improve the talent search process? Here are a few tips to follow:
- Know what you need. Before even starting your hiring process, you need to clearly define what your business needs in a sales team. This is especially important when you start getting applications, as you’ll probably have hundreds to sort through. Thus, narrowing down specifically what you need in a candidate will help you get through that more efficiently.
- Have a good job advertisement. To help attract the right candidates, you need a great job ad. Be descriptive and upfront about what your salesperson will be doing, as well as what experience they’ll need prior to getting the job, and anything else that you require.
- Nail down your interview process. This includes knowing beforehand what questions you’ll want to ask, following up quickly with the candidates you like, and being transparent when describing your job and compensation in-person to them.
- Go heavy on the commission. According to research, the most popular way to go about commission is to do 20% salary and 80% commission. This formula pushes your sales team to work hard, while not having them work for free either.
- Don’t be afraid to let people go. You’ll find some salespeople are amazing at the interview, however, when it comes to the job, they may not be the right fit. In this case, don’t be afraid to let them go and keep hiring. If you want your business to grow, you need the right people on your team, and you can’t afford to keep those who are holding you back.
Let Blitz Help Get Your Sales Team Started
Once you have your amazing sales team assembled, it’s time to start selling! And what easier way to organize yourself after having new hires than with Blitz?
Blitz offers an all-in-one sales suite that will help simplify your entire sales process using powerful commission tracking software. This makes life easier for both you and your new hires.
If you’re interested in seeing how Blitz can help your new sales team, book a demo with one of our sales specialists today.